搜尋此網誌 SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, August 17, 2017

EVEN MORE BAD NEWS....DEAR COUSIN

As you might know , my mom is having some life-theatening illness and I will be spending a lot more time to help and support her . That's what a son is sopposed to do, parents looked after you when you were kid , now it is our turn, from generation to generation.....


 I received another devastating news just the past hour .......

A cousin of mine drowned while taking a vacation in the States. I call him cousin here as I can't think of the proper English equivalent name, my mind is totally occupied by this tragedy. We used to hang out a bit before he had a family . Only not too long ago, I talked to him at someone else's funeral. Never did I imagine I would be attending his. He was only slightly older than me. My heart just dropped when I was informed of his passing. I am still in shock and can't help to shred some tears........

I don't want to burden the whole world with my family matters but writing this helps me a little dealing with the events in the past day. I can't help thinking a lot about my mother's health also.

I can't imagine how my uncle and aunt are feeling now. In Chinese saying:  a white hair person is not supposed to "send away" the black hair (younger) person. This is just too sudden. Life always strikes you when you are not expecting....

I also just came to realize that he had some health issues. I wish I didn't ask him about what crap they put in the water supply the last time we talked (he was a chemical engineer who worked for an agency responsible for water distribution but was probably not too much into water treatment, I just asked casually). Only if I knew he had some health issues , I would have asked him about his health instead.... but that is always the case in life, always in retrospection and "only if ...." .

I apologise for burdening the world with this personal matter but writing this helps me a little.


To my friend and cousin , I will see you again......

@ >> ----



4 comments:

  1. Usually in Chinese term if too much misfortune happen to a family tree people within a time, they will tend to visit the grave/tomb of their ancestor to check if anything turn out bad that impact their descendant. This is also a culture things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not worried about my own life right now , my concerns are my mother , my uncle , aunt and my cousin's siblings. I guess that is always be part of life - with birth , also comes with death.....

      Delete
  2. My condolences and stay strong no matter what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. I can only try.....One can never get used to funerals , get worse every time.....

      Delete